Born 1980 in Saratov, Russia. Currently based in Moscow.
I started taking terrible photos when I was sixteen but, even before that, at the age of seven, I was already absolutely mad about my grandfather's "Zorky 4" Soviet camera. I studied every single button and jack but could not take any pictures as there was no film inside! A true childish disappointment. I feel much more confident now in the world of digital photos and memory sticks, yet I still forget to insert these from time to time.
I focus on street, travel and portrait photography. Among my camera heroes are Martin Parr, Peter Lindbergh, Sebastio Salgado, Bruce Gilden, Alexander Rodchenko, Vladimir Lagrange, Alexander Gusov. I also admire style and vision of a modern Moscow photographer Konstantin Gribov, who at some point happily became my friend and mentor.
I love spending time with my family, exploring people's nature, travelling, learning architecture, studying history and poster art.
AWARDS, EXHIBITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 1st place in the International Photography Awards, Russia 2018 ("Event: Traditions and Cultures" category);
- Honourable Mentions in the annual International Photography Awards 2021 contest ("People-Portrait" and "People-Street Photography" categories);
- Honourable Mentions in the International Photography Awards OneShot annual contests: Street Photo 2019 ("Moments - perfect place and timing"), Movement 2020 ("Street Photography");
- winning the monthly RPS 365 competition by the Royal Photographic Society (February 2020, “Inspiration” theme);
- participation in the 5th Photobiennale of Modern Photography organised by the State Russian Museum (two works exhibited during Feb-March, 2019 in Marble Palace, St Petersburg, Russia);
- finalist of the “True Britain” photographic contest by National Geographic Russia (April 2020);
- official selection by London International Creative Competition.
A proud member of the Royal Photographic Society and Martin Parr Foundation.
For prints, rights licensing, collaboration and any other queries, please email or fill in the form below: