At the age of seven, I was already absolutely mad about my grandfather's "Zorky 4" Soviet camera. I studied every single button and jack but could not take any pictures as there was no film inside! A true childish disappointment. In my twenties I bought my first mirror Nikon and was so excited about shooting empty streets and boring parks that it took me a while to realise that this is not the way to express yourself. Finally, at the age of 37 I finally managed to learn how to make proper photos. Never late to start learning new tricks, especially those that will bring pure joy to your lawyer's everyday life routine.
I love street photography because it allows me showing the unexpected scenes and demonstrating the unpolished human nature developing swiftly. Improvising and finding some new ideas and locations make the process exciting and inspiring. The other genre that I became a huge fan of recently is conceptual studio work. I love thoroughly planning studio projects and spending quite some time on building detailed visionary and storytelling, carefully preparing features and environment. Actually, both spontaneous and well-prepared framing form my photographer's Yin and Yang.
AWARDS, EXHIBITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 1st place in the International Photography Awards, Russia 2018 ("Event: Traditions and Cultures" category);
- Honourable Mentions in the annual International Photography Awards 2021 contest ("People-Portrait" and "People-Street Photography" categories);
- Honourable Mentions / official selections in the International Photography Awards OneShot annual contests: Street Photo 2019 ("Moments - perfect place and timing"), Movement 2020 ("Street Photography"); Color 2022 ("Street Photography").
- winning the monthly RPS 365 competition by the Royal Photographic Society (February 2020, “Inspiration” theme);
- participation in the 5th Photobiennale of Modern Photography organised by the State Russian Museum (two works exhibited during Feb-March, 2019 in Marble Palace, St Petersburg, Russia);
- finalist of the “True Britain” photographic contest by National Geographic Russia (April 2020);
- official selection in 2020 and shortlisted in 2021 by London International Creative Competition.
A proud member of the Royal Photographic Society
For prints, rights licensing, collaboration and any other queries, please email or fill in the form below: