Hi, my name is Anton Panchenkov. I was born in 1980 in Saratov, Russia. Currently I am based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
At the age of seven, I was already absolutely mad about my grandfather's "Zorky 4" Soviet camera. I studied every single button and jack but couldn't take any pictures as there was no film inside! A true childhood disappointment. In my twenties, I bought my first mirror camera and was so excited about shooting empty streets and boring parks that it took me a while to realise that this is not the way to express oneself. Finally, after 30 years since my first camera experience, I managed to learn how to take proper photos. It's never too late to start learning new tricks.
I mainly focus on street and travel photography. I love exploring human nature and playing around with the unique vibe that every city and culture offer. The ability to freeze movement and capture a moment gives me so much energy, almost like having a superpower. The other genre that I truly adore is conceptual studio photography. I often find myself enjoying the process even more than the final result. Thinking about the concept, creating mood boards, and refining the image of the model are incredibly exciting. In fact, both spontaneous and well-prepared framing form the Yin and Yang of my photography.
AWARDS, EXHIBITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 1st place in the International Photography Awards, Russia 2018 ("Event: Traditions and Cultures" category);
- Honourable Mentions in the annual International Photography Awards 2021 contest ("People-Portrait" and "People-Street Photography" categories);
- Honourable Mentions / official selections in the International Photography Awards OneShot annual contests: Street Photo 2019 ("Moments - perfect place and timing"), Movement 2020 ("Street Photography"); Color 2022 ("Street Photography").
- winning the monthly RPS 365 competition by the Royal Photographic Society (February 2020, “Inspiration” theme);
- participation in the 5th Photobiennale of Modern Photography organised by the State Russian Museum (two works exhibited during Feb-March 2019 in Marble Palace, St Petersburg, Russia);
- finalist of the “True Britain” photographic contest by National Geographic Russia (April 2020);
- official selection by 2020 and shortlisted by 2021 London International Creative Competition;
- finalist/ best image selected by Dodho Magazine's 2023 Monochromatic Awards.
A proud member of the Royal Photographic Society
For prints, rights licensing, collaboration and any other queries, please email or fill in the form below: